Emergency Medicine Video Challenge 2012
Official Contest Rules
THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST UNLESS YOU ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
BY ENTERING, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of any one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia currently enrolled in an Emergency Medicine Residency Program. The following individuals are not eligible: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of EMP Management Group, Ltd., EMP Medical Group, Ltd., Emergency Medicine Physicians Partners, LLC, Emergency Medicine Physicians Partners Payroll, Inc., (collectively, "EMP")
2. CONTEST SCHEDULE: You may enter the Contest beginning at 12:00 Noon Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") on 11/1/12 and ending at 12:00 Noon EST on 12/13/12 ("Contest Period").
3. TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, go to http://www.EMP.com ("Web Site"), during the Contest Period, and click on the contest link for the EMP Video Challenge Contest registration and upload page. BEFORE YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE, YOU MUST EXPRESSLY AGREE AND CONSENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE RULES, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE WEB SITE OR ENTER THE CONTEST. Follow the on-screen instructions to properly complete and submit a registration form for the Contest. When prompted, you will be asked to upload your original Submission to the Web Site. Before uploading the Submission, you will be required to agree that you have (a) read or have had these Official Rules read to you and you are in agreement with these Official Rules, and (b) received permission for the use of the image/likeness of any and all identifiable persons appearing in your Submission. You will be required to submit a release signed by each identifiable person appearing in your Submission granting Sponsor permission to use his or her image/likeness if your Submission qualifies to be displayed on the Web Site for the Contest. Submissions that do not include all required information and adhere to the Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will be considered void. Once uploaded, Submission will not be returned. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, remove, delete and/or disqualify any Submission it deems inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
CREATIVE ASSIGNMENT: Create a short Video (around three minutes) that communicates why your Residency Program is “The Best in Emergency Medicine”. Go for entertaining, informative or funny. It's up to you. Then write it, shoot it and submit it.
If your entry meets the qualification requirements your video will be displayed on www.EMP.com for voting beginning on December, 21, 2012.
If your video receives 1,000 (one thousand) “votes” between 12:00 Noon Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on 12/21/12 and 12:00 Noon EST on 1/31/13 ("Voting Period") you will be awarded a $100 Apple Gift Card and your entry will then be entered into a Juried Judging to choose the winner based on the Judging Requirements listed below. The Juried Judging will determine the top three entries, based on a First, Second and Third ranking. The first place winning entrant will receive $5,000 and their Residency Program will receive $10,000. Second place wins $2,500 for the entrant and $5,000 for their Residency Program, and third place wins $1,000 for the entrant and $2,000 for the Residency Program.
JURIED JUDGING REQUIREMENTS:
Judging Criteria ("Judging Criteria") is as follows:
(#1) Originality and Creativity - 40%
(#2) Adherence to Creative Assignment - 30%
(#3) Overall Appeal - 30%
A Video File must be submitted:
The Video file(s) must be suitable for public display (all copyrighted material will be removed).
The Video file size should be kept at or under 100 MB for quicker upload/encoding time.
Video Files must be provided in one of the following file formats: .MPEG; .MOV; .AVI; .WMV
For all video submissions shot in 16:9 aspect ratio, they will need to be ready for center cut extraction.
Submission must be primarily in English.
All entries must be received by 12:00 Noon EST on 12/13/12.
The person uploading the Submission will be deemed the entrant ("Entrant"). The Entrant is the one (1) person who owns the email address. If any group elects to collaborate on a Submission, they are required to designate one (1) person as the agent of the group to enter the Contest, agree to these rules and accept the prize on behalf of the group. Neither Sponsor nor any of the Contest Parties are liable for any disputes between collaborators arising under or related to the Contest.
Each individual Entrant is allowed a total of one (1) Submission.
Limit one (1) Finalist Prize per person, Residency Program and/or email address throughout the Contest Period. Each Submission must comply with the Web Site, and Contest Terms of Service, as well as these Official Rules. Each Submission must be the original work of the Entrant produced for this Contest; it may not have been entered in or won previous contests or awards; it may not have been published previously in any medium; it must not infringe any party's intellectual property or other rights; it must be suitable for display and publication on public accessible web site (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent, including but not limited to nudity or profanity); it must not contain obscene or pornographic material; it must not contain defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group); it must not include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace; it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity; and it must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards. Each Submission must not feature or refer to any other Residency Programs other than your own; it must not feature or reference any copyrighted material or third party trademarks, and it must not feature or reference any names or third party logos. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove or blur or to ask the applicable Entrant to remove or blur any non-material elements (e.g. small logos on clothing, artwork hanging in the background, etc.) rather than disqualify an otherwise compliant Submission.
All Submissions will be reviewed for content before being published or judged; however, such review does not relieve Entrant from responsibility for compliance with all of the Terms of Service and these Official Rules. Submissions that do not comply in all material respects with the Terms of Services or these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited, or inappropriate content as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be published or considered for prizes. Sponsor makes the final determination as to which Submissions are eligible to take part in this Contest and be considered for a Finalist Prize. Certain Submissions may be featured from time to time on the Web Site during the Contest Period, in Sponsor's sole discretion; being selected as a featured Submission is unrelated to the Judging Criteria.
BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST AND UPLOADING YOUR SUBMISSION, YOU IRREVOCABLY GRANT TO SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS THE UNCONDITIONAL AND PERPETUAL RIGHT TO POST, DISPLAY, PUBLISH, USE, ADAPT, EDIT AND/OR MODIFY SUCH SUBMISSION IN ANY WAY, IN ANY AND ALL MEDIA, FOR ANY PURPOSE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AND WITHOUT CONSIDERATION TO YOU. FINALISTS AGREE TO IRREVOCABLY ASSIGN AND TRANSFER TO THE SPONSOR ANY AND ALL RIGHTS, TITLE AND INTEREST IN SUBMISSION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL COPYRIGHTS AND WAIVE ALL MORAL RIGHTS IN SUBMISSION. ALL CONTEST ENTRANTS FURTHER AGREE TO RELEASE AND INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND THE CONTEST PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS THAT ANY COMMERCIAL, ADVERTISING, PRESENTATION, WEB CONTENT OR ANY OTHER MATERIAL SUBSEQUENTLY PRODUCED, PRESENTED, AND/OR PREPARED BY OR ON BEHALF OF SPONSOR INFRINGES ON THE RIGHTS OF ENTRANT'S WORK AS CONTAINED IN ANY SUBMISSION.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: All qualifying Submissions based on the Judging Criteria set forth above will be posted for the public to vote on their favorite at http://www.emp.com starting on 12/21/12 at 12:00 Noon EST and ending on 1/31/13 at 12:00 Noon EST ("Voting Period"). At the close of the Voting Period if your video entry has received 1,000 (one thousand) votes, you will receive a $100 Apple Gift Card and your entry will be entered in the final Juried Judging to select the top three entries. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like voting methods will void all such votes. Any attempt by Finalist and/or his/her family/friends to vote more than the number of times authorized herein, one vote per confirmed email address per day (based on 24 hour calendar day) using multiple names, email addresses, phone numbers and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to disqualify Finalist in its reasonable discretion. All Finalists are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules and completion of release forms (described below). If attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, if a Finalist cannot be verified, or if a Finalist is otherwise unable to accept prize, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Finalist provided sufficient time remains, in Sponsor's discretion.
Entrants agree that the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Finalists, by acceptance of the Finalist Prize (defined below), agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Contest Parties, as well as each of their respective parent and affiliated companies, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, advertisers and sponsor from any and all liability, loss, damage, cost or claim related to any allegation regarding the acceptance or use of their prize, including but not limited to the airing of the commercial Submission.
5. PRIZE DETAILS:
THREE (3) PRIZES: If your video is selected as one of the top three as voted by the Juried Judging from all qualifying entrants posted on www.EMP.com prizes will be awarded as follows: First Place entrant will receive $5,000 and their Residency Program will receive $10,000. Second Place entrant wins $2,500 and their Residency Program will receive $5,000, and Third Place entrant wins $1,000 and their residency program will receive $2,000.
THE MAXIMUM TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES IN CONTEST IS: $25,500.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Entrants must have a valid email address. Finalists are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the value of their prize. No substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Sponsor or Contest-related Web Site; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating the Web Site terms of service, conditions of use and/or applicable general rules or guidelines; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. This Contest is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the state of Ohio. All claims relating in any manner to this Contest or to any Submission must be resolved in the federal or state courts with jurisdiction over disputes situated within Stark County, Ohio.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Finalists will be notified by phone and/or email and will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release by 1/31/13 or Finalist Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Finalist may be selected. Each person whose image, likeness and/or voice appears in a Finalist video must agree that he/she will execute a release and will be bound by the terms and conditions of such release, including exclusivity.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Entrants. By accepting a prize, Finalist agrees, and agrees in writing if requested, that the Submission will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the Finalist agrees to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Submission, if any, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Finalists hereby waive in favor of Sponsor, all rights of "Droit Moral" or "Moral Rights of Authors" or any similar rights or principles of law that Finalist may now or later have to his/her Submission. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify a winning Submission, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, Finalist shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Submission and of the copyrights transferred and "Moral Rights of Authors" waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor's rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by EMP (as defined below), Sponsor or Contest Parties resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by EMP, Sponsor or Contest Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. EMP, Sponsor and Contest Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user's own risk. EMP, Sponsor and the Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant releases Sponsor, Contest Parties and EMP from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant's participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize in the Contest, winners agree that the Sponsor, Contest Parties and EMP shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, or any travel related thereto. Sponsor, Contest Parties and EMP are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest, event or the event broadcast is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a "Force Majeure Event").
9. SPONSOR: EMP Management Group, Ltd. (“EMP”) 4535 Dressler Rd. NW Canton, OH 44701.