CarolinaEast Medical Center
Location: New Bern, North Carolina
Volume: 68,000 annual visits
- 350-bed community hospital situated in a wonderful, mid-sized town on the eastern seaboard
- In addition to Internal Medicine Hospitalist service, we have General Surgery, Orthopedic, and Critical Care Intensivist Hospitalists for admissions.
- Radiologists read all studies 24-7
- Medical staff of over 230 representing most major specialities, including: hospitalist admissions, limited neurosurgery, interventional cardiology, thoracic/cardiovascular surgery and inpatient psychiatry
- Modern equipment includes helical and conventional CT scanners, MRI (3-T) and PET-CT and PET-CT
- Responsive lab and x-ray with turnaround times of less than one hour; primary service provider for a three county area; regional health center for a five county area
- 22% admission rate, representing 35 - 40% of total hospital admissions
- 33 main ED treatment rooms plus 15 ExpressCare beds during peak service hours
- Dedicated radiology suites in the ED and ExpressCare, with bedside ultrasound in the main ED
- Mini lab in ED and ExpressCare using Point of Care testing
- Flexible documentation system using templates and voice recognition
- Emergency physicians do not write admitting orders
- Excellent ACLS certified nursing staff
New Bern, North Carolina Community
New Bern is an attractive, near-coastal community located on the inner banks of North Carolina with a local population of approximately 30,000. It is situated at the confluence of the Trent and Neuse Rivers making waterside living and recreational activities readily available and providing for easy access to the Atlantic coast by boat or car. Quality housing options are available in communities with excellent schools including private and parochial options. Enjoy a high quality of life with abundant recreational amenities.
New Bern is also home to a beautiful new airport providing frequent flights and easy access to connections through Charlotte and Philadelphia on US Airways and Atlanta Delta.
Visit City Data for additional information.