CaroMont Regional Medical Center
Location: Gastonia, North Carolina
Volume: 95,000 annual visits
CaroMont Regional Medical Center
2525 Court Dr.
Gastonia, North Carolina 28053-2140
Medical Director: Jennifer H. Bradstreet, MD
- 435-bed not-for-profit general and acute care facility (all private rooms)
- Level III trauma center
- More than 300 physicians on active staff, representing 37 medical specialties
- Four critical care units —ICU, CCU, SICU, CVRU
- Three step-down critical care units — Progressive Coronary Care, Post ICU, and Post Cardiovascular Surgical Care
- A distinctive campus, cutting edge medical treatments and services, and a talented medical staff have built Gaston Memorial Hospital’s reputation for excellence
- Ongoing renovation and major expansion in services have allowed GMH to better meet the needs of the growing population of Gaston and surrounding counties
- 22% admission rate
- Broad community pathology and age diversication that includes minor trauma and high medical acuity
- 14,000 sq. ft department houses 50+ treatment rooms, including four critical care rooms and a separate psychiatric suite
- 13 bed Express Care
- 25 physician group
- New Physician in Triage unit that houses 11 slots to initiate care on patients in the waiting room
- Bedside ED Ultrasound program
- EKG's transmitted by EMS, three busy Cath Labs and cardiology groups for STEMI
- Radiology and Lab available 24 hours a day, real time reading on plain films, CT and ultrasound
- Hospitalist service available 24 hours per day ; in-house Intensivist service
- Major Trauma, Burns, and Pediatric ICU patients are transferred to Carolinas Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center and teaching institution in Charlotte
- Highly regarded ED nursing staff. Nationally designated Nurse Magnet Hospital
Gastonia, North Carolina Community
Conveniently located just west of Charlotte, in the south central “Piedmont” section of North Carolina, Gaston County is an area that just keeps growing. Gaston County has 95 parks and recreation facilities. Tennis, walking tracks, basketball, softball and picnicking areas are within a short drive. Crowders Mountain State Park, situated on 5,096 acres, offers breathtaking views atop Crowders Mountain. Martha Rivers Park includes a unique playground designed for and by children. With its mild climate, residents can enjoy four seasons of outdoor recreation.
The Gaston County public school system offers a full range of academic programs. In 2010, it ranked among the best in the state for the second year in closing the gap and meeting standards under the No Child Left Behind federal law. There are also several excellent private schools in the community. In addition, there are two colleges and the NC Center for Applied Textile Technology, which provides training in both Gaston County and internationally.
Gaston county is a mere 80 miles from the scenic beauty and skiing of the Appalachian and Blue Ridge Mountains, and is just 200 miles from some of the most popular beaches on the east coast. It is also a convenient distance from its neighboring metropolitan city, Charlotte — less than a 30-minute commute. Of all the metro counties that surround Charlotte, Gaston has the greatest locational advantage. It is just minutes from Charlotte Douglas International Airport. An easy drive will take you to Uptown Charlotte, home to the NFL Carolina Panthers, NBA Charlotte Bobcats and a myriad of cultural events. Charlotte is also a major racing hub. Lowe’s Motor Speedway is one of the busiest in the country and one of the finest NASCAR facilities in the U.S. Gaston County is truly a first-choice location to live and work.
Visit City Data for more information.