Presence Saint Joseph Medical Center
Location: Joliet, Illinois
Volume: 70,000 annual visits
- Respected, 480-bed regional referral center serving the southwest suburbs of Chicago
- Rated in the top 5% of the U.S. in overall excellence in eight clinical areas
- Full-service facility and Level II Trauma Center and has 24-hour neurosurgery and neuroendovascular surgery
- Other services include chest pain center with PCI, PICU, electrophysiology, maternal-fetal medicine, breast imaging, open heart surgery, designated Primary Stroke Center and neuro/rtho spine procedures
- State-of-the-art technology and imaging includes 3T MRI, biplane angiography, intraoperative EEG, noninvasive optimal vascular analysis, O-arm transcranial Doppler U/S, eICU, Trilogy sterotactic radiosurgery, comprehensive diagnostic neurology lab, linear accelerator, daVinci robotic system, fibroid embolization and hyperbaric chamber
- Broad pathology with the only potential transfers being burns and rare pediatric cases
- 53-bed ED includes new, state-of-the-art pediatric and express care area; separate psych area has 6-beds
- Specialized service areas Chest Pain Center, Primary Stroke Center
- EMP’s PhysicianFirst physician-in-triage program 16 hours per day improves throughput time and patient satisfaction
- Acuity provides for an admission rate of approximately 30%
- Express Care is located next to the main emergency trauma center is open from 11 am - 11 p.m. daily
- Excellent nursing staff with 90%+ trauma nurse specialists
Joliet, Illinois Community
The city of Joliet is the fourth largest city in Illinois and is situated 45 miles southwest of Chicago’s loop. Home to more than 152,000 residents and many thriving business and attractions, Joliet is the county seat of Will County. Joliet offers the charm of smaller city with many of the amenities of a large metropolitan area.
Residential housing options include local neighborhoods with a smaller city feel, respected schools, reasonable housing costs, parks/recreation facilities, historical attractions and museums and theaters.
Visit City Data for more information.