Presence St. Mary's Hospital
Location: Kankakee, Illinois
Volume: 29,000 annual visits
- 189-bed acute care facility
- Level II Trauma Center
- Other services include Regional Cancer Center, Rehabilitation Services, Family Birthing Center, Pediatric Unit, Mental Health Services, Sleep Disorder Center, Renal Dialysis Center, Wound Care, Infusion Center, Occupational Health and a Total Wellness Center.
- Extensive renovation project completed in 2007 that enhances the patient experience of comfort and care
- Presence St. Mary’s has received numerous awards relating to patient satisfaction, performance improvement, health system quality and excellent patient outcomes in several areas
- 19% admission rate
- Moderate medical acuity facility; broad variety community type pathology
- Highly efficient ED layout with 22 treatment beds, which includes 8 monitored beds
- State Certified Level II Trauma Center - (EDAP approved Pediatric ED)
- EMP's PhysicianFirst physician-in-triage program 8 hours per day improves throughput time and patient satisfaction
- EMS Resource Hospital - EMS Medical Control for Kankakee County
- Specially designated Adult and Pediatric Trauma Rooms with over head x-ray equipment
- “Quiet Room” for patients with emotional conditions
- “Family Room” for privacy and confidential discussions
- 24-hour Poison Control Center for Kankakee County
- Outstanding, stable nursing staff - most are trauma specialists (ACLS, PALS, PHTLS, ECRN)
- Great Social Services support and advocacy across the spectrum
- Scribes in the department function as personal assistants to the physicians
Kankakee, Illinois Community
Kankakee County is the perfect place to live and play. Only 50 minutes south of Chicago, offering good schools, exceptional healthcare, beautiful parks and trains and housing for those searching for a suburban lifestyle in a tri-city population of 160,000. Kankakee is home to the chicago Bears training camp each summer at Olivet University. Other attractions inlcude a water park, an ice arena, Route 66 auto track, and a very active local theatre company. There are ample opportunities for those interested in water sports, fishing, shopping (Northfield Square Mall) and winter sports, as well as families with children, at affordable prices.
Visit City Data for additional information.